Rueda workshop levels
PLEASE read carefully our definitions of levels for the Rueda workshops in order to choose the right level for you, so you and the other participants get the most out of the Rueda congress.
We have made some adjustments for 2022, hoping it will give us the opportunity to offer you an even better plan for the workshops, with lots of exciting choices.
NEW this year, is that we will increase the number of options for level 4, instead of using a level 5. At higher levels of rueda, we find that it is useful to divide between a general high level of rueda technique/tempo, and high level of rueda structure knowledge. Most of the high level crowd only hold an advanced level in one of these fields. Therefore, some of the workshop levels will have specific restrictions. This will be clearly specified in the workshop schedule.
Note: You may not be able to change your preferences after signing up.
Please analyze your Rueda dance level well before choosing your Rueda workshop level. And it may be wise to take into consideration the long break from rueda practice due to Covid-19.
|Level 2 – IMPROVER
- I am familiar with the ruedastandard figures, beginner + improver level (follow the link for names and videos of the figures)
- I am experienced in changing partner in both directions (abajo – arriba)
- I have been dancing actively at least 6 months
|Level 3 – INTERMEDIATE
- I can dance the main part of the ruedastandard figures, and most of the intermediate rueda.casino figures (follow the links for names and videos of the figures)
- I am confident in my dance technique in the core Cuban dance figures, such as vacilala and sombrero.
- As a man/leader, I have no difficulty dancing several commands in a row without basic steps (guapea) in between.
- As a women/follower, I am fully capable of dancing figures not led by the man such as patineta and mujeres derecha.
- I have no difficulty dancing to both slow and fast music
|Level 4 – ADVANCED
- I have a good and confident dance technique, and Cuban body movement is a part of my casino/rueda-dancing.
- I am experienced in leading / following, and I can also improvise in leading / following.
- I learn fast, and I need few repetitions when learning new moves and patterns.
- I can keep the flow of a Rueda, also in sequences of rueda commands without basic steps in between, and to up-tempo music.
- I know all of the figures in the ruedastandard well, in addition to many other rueda.casino figures, on all levels.
- Some workshops will have restrictions to attend, f.ex. requiring a certain knowledge of a rueda structure, or being able to dance both lead and follow.