This post is also available in:
Rueda workshop levels
PLEASE read carefully our definitions of levels for the Rueda workshops in order to choose the right level for you, so you and the other participants get the most out of the Rueda congress.
We have made some adjustments for 2020, hoping it will give us the opportunity to offer you an even better plan for the workshops, with lots of exciting choices.
NEW this year, is that we will increase the number of options for level 4, instead of using a level 5, so that you will experience a broader and more varied selection of workshops. Some of the workshop levels will have specific restrictions, to be specified in the workshop schedule.
Note: You may not be able to change your preferences after signing up.
Please analyze your Rueda dance level well before choosing your Rueda workshop level.
|Level 2 – IMPROVER
- I am familiar with the ruedastandard figures, beginner + improver level (follow the link for names and videos of the figures)
- I am experienced in changing partner in both directions (abajo – arriba)
- I have been dancing actively at least 6 months
|Level 3 – INTERMEDIATE
- I can dance all the ruedastandard figures, and most of the intermediate rueda.casino figures (follow the links for names and videos of the figures)
- I am confident in my dance technique in the core Cuban dance figures, such as vacilala and sombrero.
- As a man/leader, I have no difficulty dancing several commands in a row without basic steps (guapea) in between.
- As a women/follower, I am fully capable of dancing figures not led by the man such as patineta and mujeres derecha.
- I have no difficulty dancing to neither slow nor fast music
|Level 4 – ADVANCED
- I have a good and confident dance technique, and Cuban body movement is a part of my casino/rueda-dancing.
- I am experienced in leading / following, and I can also improvise in leading / following.
- I learn fast, and I need few repetitions when learning new moves and patterns.
- I can keep the flow of a Rueda, also in sequences of rueda commands without basic steps in between, and to up-tempo music.
- I know most of the figures in the ruedastandard well, in addition to many other rueda.casino figures, on all levels.
- Some workshops will have restrictions to attend, f.ex. requiring a certain knowledge of a rueda structure, or being able to dance both lead and follow.