This post is also available in: Español
Rueda workshop levels
for the Rueda Congress workshops 2019
At most dance congresses, it´s a challenge for the organizer to obtain that the participants find their corresponding workshop level.
For Rueda de Casino workshops it can have a particularly negative effect when the dance level of some of the participants is not according to the described level, because everyone is connected.
In our opinion, your Rueda workshop level should be defined by how good, secure and dynamic dance technique you have, regardless of how many years you have been practising Rueda.
For the 2019 congress we have completely new definitions of the Rueda workshop levels. And we have removed the “master” level, as this really should be for professionals and teachers/master dancers only.
We hope the new descriptions will make it easier for you to find your correct level and get the most out of the workshops.
Please read them carefully, and evaluate your Rueda workshop level carefully before choosing Rueda level 2, 3, 4 or 5.
RUEDA 1 is not offered at the SalsaNor Rueda Congress
- I am familiar with the core Rueda standard figures and I can dance these figures in a Rueda (beginner + improver level)
- I have no trouble at all dancing basic figures like dame una, dame dos and enchufla
- I am experienced in changing partner in both directions (abajo – arriba)
- I have been dancing Rueda actively at least 6 months
- I can dance all the core (beginner + improver) and most of the intermediate Rueda standard figures, see link
- I am confident in my dance technique in the core Cuban dance figures, such as dile que no, vacílala and sombrero.
- As a man/leader, I have no difficulty dancing several commands in a row without basic steps (guapea) in between.
- As a women/follower, I am fully capable of dancing figures not led by the man such as patineta and mujeres derecha.
- I have no difficulty dancing to neither slow nor fast music
- I have a good and secure dance technique, and Cuban body movement is a part of my Casino/rueda-dancing.
- As a man/leader, I am experienced in leading, and I can also improvise in leading.
- As a woman/follower, I am experienced in following, and I can also improvise in following.
- I learn fast, and I need few repetitions when learning new moves and patterns.
- I can keep the flow of a Rueda, also in sequences of Rueda commands without basic steps in between.
- I know most of the figures in the Rueda standard well, in addition to many other figures.
- I have excellent dance technique, and Cuban body movement is a part of my Casino/Rueda-dancing.
- As a man/leader, I am very experienced in leading, and I can easily improvise in leading.
- As a woman/follower, I am very experienced in following, and I can easily improvise in following.
- I learn fast, and I don’t need several repetitions when learning new moves and patterns.
- I am used to dance various Rueda structures, as well as Rueda with Rumba / Afro.
- I always keep up with the flow of a Rueda, even with long sequences of Rueda commands without basic steps in between, and to fast music.
- I know the figures in the Rueda standard well, in addition to many other figures.